2012년 3월 21일 수요일

10,000 hour rule

     Malcome Gladwell has made a point that almost every person known for his or her excellent talent in an area has had a practice time for about 10,000 hours. He gives examples like Mozart and the Beatles. However, I believe that this rule of 10,000 hour has an error.
     People just don't go do something for such a significant amount of time just because they got a chance to and just because they had to. For instance, because Beatles had to work in a bar which required them to play for endless hours, they got super good. However, Gladwell did not really take into account of how much they actually enjoyed playing music. For Mozart, too. He did not start composing songs since an early age just because he was forced to (well, at point some yes). He liked, or rather loved, music.
     Just practicing something for 10,000 hours is not going to make you good. I learned violin for six years but I hated the every single second I was holding it and so, I could not play it until now. I believe the "Rule of liking" comes before the "10,000 hour rule."

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기