2012년 5월 2일 수요일

Why Johns Hopkins essay


Johns Hopkins offers 50 majors across the schools of Arts and Sciences and Engineering. On this application, we ask you to identify one or two that you might like to pursue here. Why did you choose the way you did? If you are undecided, why didn't you choose? (If any past courses or academic experiences influenced your decision, you may include them in your essay.)

     I love my family, I love my friends, and I love my teachers. I love a lot of things, from cats to debating. But what is love? Is it an emotion that you feel when you extremely like something or somebody? Or is it an abstract concept which cannot be explained in words? Then, how do you love? Does something spark in your heart? Or do you just know that you are in love? How can love be explained?
     I believe it can be explained by the chemical reactions in our brains. Seemingly unromantic, but I believe that our bodily functions cannot “just happen.” So many concepts, so many ideas about us remain unknown and unexplained and I feel obliged to find out the reason and the cause of such reactions. I want to learn how our brain functions and find out ways to relieve ourselves from stresses which originate from unwanted emotions. And I know that Johns Hopkins University offers such chances.
     Johns Hopkins University’s premed program will prepare me for the basics of human functions. These basics will help me to step up to my goal of studying psychiatry. Because I believe that all the stress and disease resulting from mental problems can be cured, I want to take part in finding out how.

댓글 1개:

  1. This one is very good, and I like the way you set up your opinion with the fun intro. The last paragraph where you say "all" diseases can be cured might be seen as naive by some admissions officers. Avoid being too general or absolute.:)

    답글삭제